Thanks to the wonderful spirit and tenacity of Comic Relief, we have the opportunity to save lives by getting together and raising lots of £££ for #RedNoseDay!
Let's make a difference! Whatever you're plans this Friday 24th March, drop what you're doing and get on board for a fantastic cause that could significantly change the lives of children and young people in the world who need our help most of all!
There are thousands of people who need our help, not only in Africa but right here in the UK. With your help, we can brighten Londoners’ evenings and at the same time, help save lives!
Pick up your uke and join us in a huge Ukulele Flashmob Charity Fundraiser near Liverpool Street Station this #RedNoseDay Friday 24th March a 6.30pm!
SECRET LOCATION NOW ANNOUNCED AS...
Bishop's Square (near "I, Goat" statue)
9 Leyden St,
If you can't make it to the event, you can also WATCH & STRUM ALONG at home by downloading the SONG SHEETS further down in this post and by watching the LIVE STREAM 6.30pm at https://twitter.com/DukeofUkeLondon
If you just want to come along and play, send an RSVP email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but if you want to raise some money on your own official Red Nose Day Giving Page, here's how to get started in just 5 mins!
1. Set up your Red Nose Day Giving Page and get sponsored so we can raise lots and lots of money
2. Select Join an existing team and search for Duke of Uke
3. Here we are! Click Join Team
4. Set a target £ amount you hope the raise. How much you raise is entirely up to you. Add as little or as much as you think you can can raise through your friends and family. Remember it's all about taking part!
5. Congratulations. You're now a team member! Now people can donate to you!
6. Share the event and your Giving Page with friends and family and let them know how they can donate to make a difference! Tell everyone what you're doing and get the money rolling in before Friday. Help us shout it from the rooftops!
[button link="https://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/dukeofukeflashmob/donate" bg_color="#e52431" window="yes"]DONATE AND SPONSOR #REDNOSEDAY GIVING PAGE[/button]
7. If you haven't already, join the event on Facebook and see who else is coming!
[button link="https://www.facebook.com/events/243013879495604/" bg_color="#e52431" window="yes"]DUKE OF UKE UKULELE RED NOSE DAY FLASHMOB FACEBOOK EVENT[/button]
8. Check out the playlist here and get practising! Click on the song titles to download a song sheet PDF
We've chosen some classic tunes from the comedy vaults, so we hope you enjoy learning and playing them! :)